Friday, February 22, 2013

Title: The Host
Author: Stephanie Meyers
Recommended by: Courtney Atkins

Don't let the fact that this book was written by the same woman who wrote the Twilight series sway your opinion, here. It is so different from those books I have a hard time believe that they were written by the same woman. The Host has two main female characters and they are both great examples of strong women. But they're strong in completely different ways.
 I was going to try and tell you about the plot of The Host but I think it'll end up just confusing us all. It's about an alien invasion. It's about family and friendship and love. And it's finding all of those things in places you never would have expected.
It's been two days since I finished reading this book and I actually miss the characters. Luckily, I heard last night that Stephanie Meyers is planning on writing 2 more books in this story line. I can't wait to read more about this universe.
Bottom Line: I would absolutely recommend this book to everyone. Men, women, young, old - it doesn't matter. Everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I miss it too!!! Has anyone seen Mel or Wanda around here? *looks under nearby rock*

    ReplyDelete