Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ugh. Work. Ugghhh. So the good news today was that I got an hour off the phone for a class on how to navigate the career site for company employees. The bad news: I don't actually plan on staying with the company, so I don't care if they're hiring line installers in Houston. Still, an hour off the phone is always a good thing. Tomorrow is "Dress for Success!" day. Which means we're supposed to dress like we would for an interview. The original idea was to wear what we wore for our own interview but when we pointed out that every single one of us had a phone interview, and most of us were in our pajamas at the time (hello, we were unemployed) that idea was quickly changed. Usually I don't bother with the theme days, but the other day the girl who sits in front of me asked if I always "dressed like that." Which, to be fair, I wear tshirts and jeans and always pull my hair back because I'm usually running late in the mornings. And she wasn't trying to be rude ... it just turned out that way. So tomorrow I'll be making an effort. Just this once though. I mean, it's a call center - what do they care what I'm wearing? As long as I'm clean and not all slobby, I just don't feel the need to dress up.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say; I love my jeans and t-shirts. I'm just a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. I don't mind going business casual every now and then though.

    ReplyDelete