Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Day 3! And it's technically before midnight! Go me. I have been busy writing letters to penpals all day. It's really fun. I have a penpal in New Zealand (Hi Justine!) and one in the Phillipines (Hi Louise!) plus one in New York (Hi Kerry!) and a new penpal in Budapest (Hi Edit!) I found them all through PostCrossing.com, which was part of The List (of course, what isn't on that thing?) It's so fun to hear about everyday life in other countries. Plus I get something to keep my mind off the repetitiveness of work. Now I just have to remember to actually send the letters. You'd think that'd be the easy part, since I could mail them from the office, but no.
The main point of PostCrossing.com is not to find penpals, it's to exchange post cards. It goes like this: you sign up with your name and address and are assigned a random name and address from the site. Then when you send your post card, your name is given to a random member of the site. So far I've received postcards from Thailand, England, Italy, Scandinavia - just to name a few! And each postcard has a little note saying hello. It's a great way to brighten your day. I've even found new friends online - like my new twitter friend @VABookworm87.

So. To sum up: PostCrossing.com = awesome.
And you should give it a try.

Quote of the Day: ‎"Don't be afraid to scrape the paint off and try again" Bob Ross (yeah, that painter with 'fro and the happy trees)

1 comment:

  1. So many penpals... so little time! ;-)
    NaBloPoMo is a great project indeed! I definitely have to create a blog myself too ;-) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete