Friday, January 28, 2011

First week of a new team, and I am feeling distinctly out of place. On my old team I felt like just that - a member of a team. We didn't always get along, but it was comfortable to sit with them for 8 hours (or more) a day. But on my new team I haven't found my groove yet. I don't have a lot in common with any of my team members, and I'm kind of isolated because of where my desk is positioned. It doesn't help that my manager has decided that since I'm quiet I must be "the good one." So now they think I'm really dedicated to my work, or something. And that is just laughable. Sure I want to do a good job, but mostly because it makes my life easier if I'm not always having to have "job performance discussions." My manager also mentioned that she would be on vacation for the first week of March, and after everyone started joking about slacking off she said "Amanda will tell me what y'all did." Um. What? I'm just trying to mind my own business, not anyoneelse's. I will go all Sergeant Schultz in a heartbeat.

The good news is I get a lot of reading done for school. And soon when I start studying for the GRE and PRAXIS II, I'll be able to concentrate without trying to be sociable.

For those unsure about the Sergeant Schultz reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment