Friday, January 21, 2011

Okay, today is one week of weight watchers for me. I haven't said anything before because I've had some false starts with Weight Watchers and other "programs." You know how it goes, Monday morning you're all excited and determined and then by Thurday you're back in the front row of Carbapalooza. ...is that just me? I had a false start last week - I'd intended to start on Monday of last week. But then came the ice and it's hard to start watching what you eat when you're stuck in the house with nothing but fries and cheese and sour cream and a creative way to combine them.
So, Lesson 1 of Weight Watchers (or any eating plan. ...Or any life change, really): Prepare ahead of time. You can't wing it.
Anyway, now I'm prepared with appropriate food and everything I bought recently has it's points marked on it. Also, there's an app for it. (Of course) Anyway, once I was Prepared, I started on last Thursday. It's been easier than I thought it would be so far. I debated on saying anything, I usually like to keep these sorts of things private, but I've decided to use this as a form of accountability.
Besides, we're all friends here.

Oh, and I lost 6 pounds in five days. (how was that for nonchalence? I've been practicing since I burst into Mama's room and declared it yesterday morning.)

3 comments:

  1. YAY for you!! Admitting you're doing it is, in fact, the first step.... now you have to be accountable & keep it up! 6 lbs in 5 days is awesome! Maybe I'll download that app....... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa11:43 AM

    That's awesome girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!!! I'm very excited for you and understand about the carbapalooza!! We both keep this up and we'll be taking London by storm!! Watch out for the Louisiana girls (one with lots of Colorado in her but Louisiana at the core)!!!!

    ReplyDelete