Thursday, January 06, 2011

I spent my day be stalked by a song. How was your day?

Seriously, the song Billionaire followed me around today. A seemingly innocent tweet made me think of it. And of course, it immediately got stuck in my head. So, I did what any reasonable person would do - I shared it. Why should I be the only one randomly humming lyrics I only kind of know?
Just when I'd finally gotten it out of my head when it came back to haunt me again. Someone had left their cellphone on in the office and it chose that exact moment to go off - their ringtone? You guessed it - Billionaire. So of course it gets stuck in my head again. But this time I wasn't the only one - the entire right side of the office kept breaking into song off and on for the rest of the day. Sometimes more than one person would start singing, and we'd all join in. (It was a slow day, as I'm sure you've guessed) Once again proving that misery loves company, I thoughtfully tweeted about it, thus shoving it into the brain of everyone who follows me. You're welcome, guys.

Funny sidenote: my brain sings the edited version of the song. So while it was annoying, I wasn't randomly humming profanity. Always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment