Monday, January 03, 2011

Okay, well. I almost failed that NaBloPoMo thing on the second day. But I'm posting before I sleep, so I'm calling this a win.

Today I've been thinking about this quote:
We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. (Ellen Goodman)
Which was posted on facebook by Rikki Gee, and then part of a video shown at church today. The sermon today also really makes me think about not focusing on the what hasn't gone the way I thought it would, and instead focusing on the potential that I have to shape my own life.

It's such a timely message, because at this time of year I have the tendancy to look around and think "Wow, this is not where I thought I'd be 5 years after graduating." But instead I'm choosing to focus on what can and will be, instead of what might have been.

Also, I really, really hate pinky rings. Slightly off subject, I know, but that's just something I need to get out there. It's totally irrational, but I just am totally irked by them. If I see someone wearing a pinky ring in a movie or TV show it will just totally take me out of the movie because I'm busy thinking "why a pinky ring? of all the fingers to wear a ring, why the pinky?" And then I miss crucial plot points.

No comments:

Post a Comment