Thursday, January 27, 2011

Spent my day doing some more painting at the Food Pantry. This time it was a nice pale yellow shade. The ceiling needed to be painted in this area so I soon had splatters of paint everywhere. I felt fine at the time, but of course now all those under-used muscle groups have decided to show their displeasure. It was a really good upper body workout, but now my arms are feeling a little noodle-y. And I just hurt myself sneezing because the muscles in my neck and chest are so sore.

Being covered in splatters of yellow paint didn't stop me from going through the Starbucks drive-through. The girl working the window guessed paint-balling, which would've been a better story. Though I'd probably be in way more pain now.

I've decided to count all the painting and stuff as #27 on The List, which is Find a cause I believe in and actively participate. (donate time and money)I think all the painting counts as active participation. And I know I'll be helping set it up and occasionally helping when it opens. When your mom and step-dad run it, it's pretty much a given that you'll be involved. (at least in this family) Also, the company I work for encourages it's employees to give to the United Way. They have it set up where they will take money from your check and give it directly to the United Way. And then the United Way allows you to choose where your money goes if you have a preference. I chose the Northwest Louisiana Food Bank, which is where the church's Food Pantry gets stock. I think that should count as giving money to a cause I believe in.
 See? I did have point with all that rambling.

Also, speaking of The List, I can count #25 as done. I have attempted to donate blood 6 times in a row. I had to add the attempted because I was often turned down because of low iron levels. In this case I think it's the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment