Saturday, January 15, 2011

I almost forgot to blog! The horror! I've been really busy with school stuff. The semester started today and I'm taking classes online at BPCC. I need to raise my GPA just a smidge so I can get unconditional acceptance to the Master of Education program at Tech. And the easiest (cheapest) way to do that is to take classes at BPCC. So I loaded up on classes that sounded like they might be interesting, and not involve serious amounts of effort. Or math, which requires serious amounts of effort and calls to Colorado. So now I am officially enrolled in Louisiana History, which I'm looking forward to a) because I love history and b) I think it'll be the easiest to do well in. I'm also taking Anthropology, which sounds interesting. At least the very little I know about it. Anyway, isn't Bones some sort of anthropologist? Can't be all bad then, can it? Then there's Art History, which I've already taken once at LSUS, but once again, seemed like it wouldn't require me to learn new things. Also, it contains the word history. So, fingers crossed. The last class I'm enrolled in is Humanities. I have no idea what it entails. Seriously, no idea. But it was available online and didn't involved words like fractions, square root, periodic table, or physical activity. Also, I'm a human. I'm already ahead of the game. (ba dum bum. I'm here all week, folks)
So far my first assignment in every class has been to post an Introduction Post on the message boards. It should come as no surprise to anyone that I worked a little copy and paste magic there. C'mon. It's not like my life story changed as I was clicking on the different classes. Everytime I'm tempted to make stuff up. "My name is Amanda. I was born in Yugoslavia. I have no sense of smell." At least it would liven things up a bit.
One girl posted about her pets and said "I have 4 goldfish that I raised from a baby." ...I just find that sentence fascinating. How long is a goldfish a baby? How can you tell if it's a baby? I'll be honest with you, I'm picturing late night feedings one night and a bar mitzvah the next.

At least these discussions will give me something to write about on this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment