Thursday, January 20, 2011

Man, I am exhausted. But at least today it's not lack of sleep or an overall tired feeling, it's because I did a lot of physical work. I helped my mom paint walls at what will one day soon be the home of the Food Pantry at Life Church. The old building where it was housed (known as The Blue House) was torn down to make way for the Annex. And now the Food Pantry is moving to what once was the Youth House. Most of the colors on the wall are great, but there was one major wall that was painted black. So we're repainting. Thankfully someone already primed it with white paint, so we just had to go in with the new color.
Now this may sound odd, but I really love painting walls. I find it very relaxing. Seriously. And it's a great workout, what with all the reaching and the stretching and bending. Got a wall to paint? I'm your girl. Except for taping off the floor and ceiling. I hate that part. Very tedious work.
We did the first coat today and will be finishing it up soon.

Have some pictures!
Close up of sign my mom made.

It's nice to end the day feeling like you accomplished something.

1 comment:

  1. I think eggplant is an appropriate color for a food pantry :)

    ReplyDelete