Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm on the verge of a moderately big change at work. I came back on Thursday after my day off to discover that the new Associate Director of the center had come in and decided to "shake things up." Her way of shaking things up was to randomly reassign people to knew teams. Insanity. I'm really very bummed about leaving my team. I don't think it's possible to spend 40 hours a week with people for 2 years and not get a little attached. Plus, it's very comfortable. I know what to expect. In fact, we're all so stuck in a rut sometimes I can listen to the people around me and predict what they'll say before they say it. Even though our calls aren't scripted, everyone seems to come up with a script on their own. Maybe the shake up isn't such a bad thing. Most of the people that are moving raised a huge fuss about the whole thing. I guess they're, like, invested in this job or something. I'm just basically trying to make it through this semester so I can go to Graduate School full time in the fall. As long as they pay me so I can pay tuition, I don't care where I sit. I am very blessed though, that my new manager is really very nice. She's very outgoing and I'm pretty sure as long as I do my job and don't insult the Saints I should be good. So, I spent my day (okay, not the whole day. I had to actually work during most of it) packing up my desk. A lot of crap can accumulate in 2 and half years. I ended up throwing most of it away - I had notebooks full of stuff from my training class that I never even looked at after it was over. It feels almost like I'm starting a new job. Even though my responsibilities are the same everything else has changed: my location, my coworkers, my manager. I'm surprising myself by really looking forward to a fresh start.

I'm less surprised to find that I'm looking forward to moving away from a few of my overly-talkative coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment